Sunday, February 19, 2012

cannot insert data sometimes

The database sometimes cannot insert data through the visual basic 6.0 application. I don't know why it happens.
I watch the process id in the following path and find out many processes are in sleeping status.
In Enterprise Manager, ->SQL Server Group -> server name -> Management -> Current Activity -> Process Info

I guess the problem come from the maximum session of the process, but I am not familiar with the database infrastructure.
Whether has the maximum session of the procees? If have, What is the maximum session of the procees?

My environment is SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition on the Windows 2000 Server.

Thanks a lot.

Alex

>>The database sometimes cannot insert data through the visual basic 6.0 application

So what you get instead, then?

|||

gavrilenko_s

Thank you for your attention

I do nothing. The problem will restore automatically after a night or a few hours.

I make sure this is not the network problem because I verify the good status of network using "My Network Places".

addition informaiton:

MS SQL installed Service Pack 3

|||

Sounds like a blocking scenario. The current activity window isn't always a good indicator of blocking - you'll want to take a look at this support article for tips on tracking down the offending processes.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/271509/en-us

|||I'd recommend you to use the Profiler to trace what client sends to the server and what's going on then while your application is unable to insert data. sp_who() and sp_lock() will help you to identify if there are any locks and blocks or not.|||

thanks you gavrilenko_s and JHalmans

I will use your suggestions to track the problem.

alex

No comments:

Post a Comment