Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cannot insert a variable in SSIS Package designer

Hello,
This morning I got an odd problem, I just added a new package to my dtproj and I cannot add a variable. Am I missing anything. ?

here is the image
Sometimes I find that VS forgets where it is, as though it looses the context that the SSIS designer is active, so SSIS specific stuff is just not available. When this happens try clicking on the package design surface to set the focus back to SSIS, then re-open the Variables window or other window that is giving you trouble.|||I'm having a similar problem. I cannot even open the Variables window. If I right click the design surface and select Variables, nothing happens. I've tried creating a new package and starting from scratch but I get the same problem. I even uninstalled SQL Server and all of the client tools and reinstalled and applied all of the service packs but I still get nothing when I try to create a variable. I'm willing to try just about anything at this point.|||I had a similar problem with Visual Studio once, and using the /resetuserdata switch fixed it. It resets all your VS settings back as if you had just installed it. See this link for a little more information: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb245788(vs.80).aspx|||Thanks a million!!!! That worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment