Friday, February 24, 2012

Cannot insert explicit value for identity column

SQL Server 2000 SP4 (Enterprise edition) both publisher and Subscriber.
I have setup Identity column 'Not for Replication' in subscriber.
My error is
Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'tablename' when
IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF.
I ran
SET IDENTITY_INSERT 'tablename' ON
I am still getting same error. Pl help
TIA
Sandeep
I am running transactional replication.
Thanks,
Sandeep
"Sandeep Shankar" <sandeep@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:%23yzPifMKIHA.1208@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> SQL Server 2000 SP4 (Enterprise edition) both publisher and Subscriber.
> I have setup Identity column 'Not for Replication' in subscriber.
> My error is
>
> Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'tablename' when
> IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF.
>
> I ran
> SET IDENTITY_INSERT 'tablename' ON
>
> I am still getting same error. Pl help
> TIA
> Sandeep
>

No comments:

Post a Comment