Saturday, February 25, 2012

cannot install express edition

I am using the SQL Server June 2005 Community Technology Preview and installing express edition from it. I did unisntall the old version of sql and .net framework. Then followed the instructions on page http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1A722B0F-6CCA-4E8B-B6EA-12D9C450ED92&displaylang=en

but I am getting an error "sql server 2005 CTP setup has detected incompatible beta components from visual studio or sql server.........." when try to install sql server.

I don't have any visual studio or any old version of .net framework or sql.Tongue TiedI have exactly the same problem. I have successfully un-installed previous VS beta 1 and langs, then went to install VS Beta2. Point I would like to raise , if build uninstall tool can find these traces why can't it point them out (&location) in plainer language, then I could DO something about!!
Hair loss increasing, do I give up?|||finally I was able to install by deleting some registry enteries that get left behind from previous uninstalls.|||

How did you managed to get it installed. What registry entries been deleted? I have same problem. Your help is appraciated.

Rong

|||i would like to know this two, i can not install June Edition too.
thank u for ur advice!|||I have exactly the same problem, too.
Which are the entries in the registery to remove?
Thank you very much for any help.
Regards,
Fabian|||If I remeber correctly, SQL-Express leaves installation protocolls, telling you quite excatly with which components it got problems. Those logs can give you hints what registry entries you have to delete.

Unfortunately, I got it running quite a time ago, so I can't remeber excatly how I did it.

Maybe the log files where located at:

C:\Programme\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG

Take your chance!

Hope this help,

Klaus

No comments:

Post a Comment