Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cannot install SQL 2000 Reporting Services on W2K3 server

Hi ALL,
I want to install SQL 2000 Reporting Services Component on a Windows Server
2003 with SP1 box. While I ran the SQL 2000 setup.exe, it prompted the error
message 'System Check Results --> ASP.NET is not installed or is not
registered with your Web Server". However, I'd checked the Web service
extensions and 'Active Server Pages', 'ASP.NET v1.1.4322' and 'ASP.NET
v2.0.50727' had been allowed. Do anyone have the same problem? Can I install
the Reporting Services Database on the SQL 2000 cluster?
TIA.Hi, I have the same problem, I "only" have the error that I dont have asp.net
installed or configured, despite that it is installed and configured, I have
both asp.net 1.1 and 2.0, I have tried to switch between both, but the result
is the same error, any ideas? Have you got a solution yet?
DQ
"M C" wrote:
> Hi ALL,
> I want to install SQL 2000 Reporting Services Component on a Windows Server
> 2003 with SP1 box. While I ran the SQL 2000 setup.exe, it prompted the error
> message 'System Check Results --> ASP.NET is not installed or is not
> registered with your Web Server". However, I'd checked the Web service
> extensions and 'Active Server Pages', 'ASP.NET v1.1.4322' and 'ASP.NET
> v2.0.50727' had been allowed. Do anyone have the same problem? Can I install
> the Reporting Services Database on the SQL 2000 cluster?
> TIA.
>
>|||SOLUTION that helped me!!
FIX: Error "ASP.NET v1.1 not Installed" while installing Sql Server 2000
Reporting Services
I finally had the chance to rebuild my dev machine with the RTM version of
Sql Server 200 Reporting Services [SQL2kRS] and ran into an unusual error.
During the "Check Prerequisites" stage of installation, it said that I didnt
have ASP.NET v1.1 installed on my PC. Considering that I do web-development
with VS.NET 2003 on this PC I was a bit perplexed why it said that.
After much digging and exploring, I finally discovered the problem. A
recent install of the new XP version of the Longhorn Command Shell had
installed the .NET Framework v2.0.31113.33 and set it as the Root Version of
the framework for ASP.NET.
So, the fix is pretty trivial, just update the RootVer registry value to
correctly (or temporarily) show v1.1.4322.573.
[\\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ASP.NET\RootVer] = "1.1.4322.573"
Strangely enough, this didnt seem to be affecting my ASP.NET applications.
*shrug*
None of this was documented in the verbose Help files that shipped with
SQL2kRS. This got me thinking about the nature of help files. Far too
often, I see FAQ's and "Common Issues" under the Troubleshooting section of
help files, yet rarely do I have those "common" problems.
I would much prefer a generic section on, "How to troubleshoot", "Where to
look for error clues", and provide deep lists of "Why an application or
installation might fail".
In this case, I actually did find a good reference in the Help entitled "Log
Files Used During Installation". This section explained how to locate the
log files created during installation, and this is how I eventually solved
the problem.
For reference, in SQL2kRS there are 3 main places to look for log files;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\RS Setup Bootstrap\Log\RSStp_.cab
(inside the CAB)
AND
%temp%\rsstp<integer>.log
(<integer> = number to make filename unique. e.g. rsstp2.log)
AND
%temp%\RSMSI<integer>.log
The latter 2 log files are the same ones that get copied into the CAB file
listed above, but its still useful knowledge in case something fails before
they get added to the CAB.
"DQ" wrote:
> Hi, I have the same problem, I "only" have the error that I dont have asp.net
> installed or configured, despite that it is installed and configured, I have
> both asp.net 1.1 and 2.0, I have tried to switch between both, but the result
> is the same error, any ideas? Have you got a solution yet?
> DQ
>
> "M C" wrote:
> > Hi ALL,
> >
> > I want to install SQL 2000 Reporting Services Component on a Windows Server
> > 2003 with SP1 box. While I ran the SQL 2000 setup.exe, it prompted the error
> > message 'System Check Results --> ASP.NET is not installed or is not
> > registered with your Web Server". However, I'd checked the Web service
> > extensions and 'Active Server Pages', 'ASP.NET v1.1.4322' and 'ASP.NET
> > v2.0.50727' had been allowed. Do anyone have the same problem? Can I install
> > the Reporting Services Database on the SQL 2000 cluster?
> >
> > TIA.
> >
> >
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment