Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cannot install BI Developement Studio

I am able to install SSRS, and it works from my local machine. I also
installed SQL Server 2005 locally so the ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB
can be created locally on my computer. However, BI Development Studio will
not install. I get an message about APPCOMPAT. I tried another install with
JUST BI development studio selected
I have Visual Studio 2003, and we are a SQL Server 2000 shop. Could those
be issues?BI Development studio is a version of VS 2005, however, it will install side
by side with VS 2003 (I am running this way). What operating system are you
on?
Also, I assume this configuration is for development. At some point RS will
be on another box. Keep in mind that whatever box RS 2005 is on you have to
have a SQL 2005 license for that box. Also, you can have ReportServer and
ReportServerTempDB residing on SQL 2000. I.e. you can run RS 2005 on a SQL
2000 box without upgrading the db to 2005 as long as you have a 2005 license
(I did this for awhile as well).
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Mark" <Mark@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0393291F-4711-4BF0-A70F-14DB2375513C@.microsoft.com...
>I am able to install SSRS, and it works from my local machine. I also
> installed SQL Server 2005 locally so the ReportServer and
> ReportServerTempDB
> can be created locally on my computer. However, BI Development Studio will
> not install. I get an message about APPCOMPAT. I tried another install
> with
> JUST BI development studio selected
> I have Visual Studio 2003, and we are a SQL Server 2000 shop. Could those
> be issues?|||Hi Bruce,
i've installed RS 2005 developer edition on a pc which i've installed
SQL Server 2000 developer edition as well. The SQL 2000 is used to
store reportserver db.
i've configured everything using RS Configuration and everything has
green tick...
however, when i browse Report Manager using IE , it just wouldn't show
- The page could not be displayed.
No error message. Anything else i should be checking ?
When i browse report manager from IIS, it doesn't display as well...
pls help...

No comments:

Post a Comment