Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cannot install server components

I have the beta version of RS running fine on Windows 2000 Server (SP4), IIS 5, and SQL Server 2000 Enterprise (SP3a). No issues at all.
However, when trying to install the RS release candidate, for some reason I am not presented with the server components option - I can only see the client tools option.
Can anyone assist?Did you receive any prereq warnings?
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Ravinder" <Ravinder@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0E870307-157B-4509-9003-B6CC934C4DDB@.microsoft.com...
> I have the beta version of RS running fine on Windows 2000 Server (SP4),
IIS 5, and SQL Server 2000 Enterprise (SP3a). No issues at all.
> However, when trying to install the RS release candidate, for some reason
I am not presented with the server components option - I can only see the
client tools option.
> Can anyone assist?|||I finally got the install working properly. As a last resort I re-installed Win2k SP4 and low and behold I am now able to install RS Server Components without any issues at all.
Microsoft might want to add this "known issue" to the install notes.
"Daniel Reib [MSFT]" wrote:
> Did you receive any prereq warnings?
> --
> -Daniel
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "Ravinder" <Ravinder@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:0E870307-157B-4509-9003-B6CC934C4DDB@.microsoft.com...
> > I have the beta version of RS running fine on Windows 2000 Server (SP4),
> IIS 5, and SQL Server 2000 Enterprise (SP3a). No issues at all.
> >
> > However, when trying to install the RS release candidate, for some reason
> I am not presented with the server components option - I can only see the
> client tools option.
> >
> > Can anyone assist?
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment