Saturday, February 25, 2012

cannot install integration services

Hi!

During the installation of integration services (SQL 05 Developer RTM) I get the following error:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup

Failed to install and configure assemblies C:\Programme\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Tasks\Microsoft.SqlServer.MSMQTask.dll in the COM+ catalog. Error: -2146233087
Error message: Unknown error 0x80131501
Error description: Failed to generate type library 'C:\Programme\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Tasks\Microsoft.SqlServer.MSMQTask.tlb' for 'Microsoft.SqlServer.MSMQTask, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'.

I had CTPs of SQL05 and VS05 installed before, but uninstalled them with the cleanup tool.

yeh, I had this issue and found a resolution... read my thread about the installation issue resolved (http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=134853&SiteID=1)

the other workaround really is not to select to install integration services but to install it after everything else|||Thank you for your fast reply. I'm trying to install SQL05 Developer on Windows XP Pro SP2. I forgot to mention that in my first post. So I think your solution won't help me :(|||I see!
Well, try to install everything except integration services and then install integration services after everything

The thread I created STILL DOES apply to WS2003, due to installed components still breaking and during installation (I know you are running XP so you do not need to go through the thread!) :)|||

I already did that. I uninstalled Integration Services (during the first installation, I ignored the error message, but IS didn't work then), and tried to reinstall them. I always get the same error.

|||have you:

tried completly removing SQL Server 2005.
Then installing it WITHOUT the integration and reporting services? :-)|||- I uninstalled SQL server, including SQL Native Client and Everything I found that had "sql" in it's name.
- rebooted
- Installed just the SQL Server engine, Clients, Documentation
- rebooted
- Instaled everything except Integration Services
- rebooted
- Tried to install Integration Services, I still get the same error|||Hi Mathias,

I am in exactly the same situation as you. If I find anything I will post here.

Regards,

Chris|||Thank you. Good luck! :)|||Hi all,
I had the same problem. I think it was because of a incomplete uninstall of a previous Beta Version. Check if in there an old version of one of the "Microsoft.SqlServer.DtsXXX" Assemblies (take a look at the Last Modified Date in the Properties) in the Global Assembly Cache.
If there is one or more, delete them.
If you can't delete them because there are references, eliminate these first (can be done by deleting some registry-keys, but I don't know exactly which ones).
Then, after all old assemblies are removed, reinstall the Integration Services using the Setup. Should then work flawlessy.
Greetings,
Ingo
|||Have the same problem with Win2K Pro, SQL 2000 already installed and then SQL
2005 DevEd

After uninstalling SQL2005 a few times in order to get it to install with this error, which also breaks Enterprise Manager on SQL2000 in the process, I then end up reinstalling both. What a pain!

Eventually, after many hours buggering around, got SQL2000 and SQL2005 working but this 'install bug' or 'another MS featurett' (which is still not resolved from what I can see), is such a time waster, in what already is limited!

Does anyone know of an easy fix or patch, rather than have to re-install IS again and possibly cause other issues?
|||This is somewhat related to the problem I had. See my resolution with SSIS at http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=124884&SiteID=1. Reinstall OS and then install SQL 2005 RTM Dev Edtion.

I still want to configure a mixed environment with SQL2000 SP4 and SQL2005 RTM Dev Edition on Win XP Pro SP2. I have tried it and cannot use SSIS to configure connections.

If someone has a workaround, please post but I do not want to go thru the pain of reinstalling the OS and my dev tools again.|||Hi centexbi,
I have SQL2000 and SQL2005 working side-by-side on my XP SP2.
Don't know if this is a solution for you and if it works, but you might give it a try:
- Completely remove anything that has to do with .NET (all framework version, VisualStudio, etc.)
- Ensure that you no longer have the directories %SYSTEMROOT%\assembly und %SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET, delete them if necessary
- Reinstall SQL2000 including SP4
- Try to install SQL2005
Greets,
Ingo
|||Appreciate Ingo and Centexbi thoughts but reinstall of OS is simply not an option.

As a developer, one has a large number of apps, tools etc installed and if the system (as in my case), is very stable apart from SQL2005 install then I would rather ditch install of SQL as opposed to spending a number of days re-assembling the PC OS etc.

Reinstall of SQL2005 has not resolved this - even from the point of painstakenly removing registry entries etc and trying to install as virgin. Maybe MS should provide a proper installer which will remove the masses of junk registry entries SQL2005 leaves behind when you unistall. How about a 'SQL2005 clean reg / os' tool - bit like what Symantec do for their AV?

This is the real world and time is as scarce as money. 'We' all spend far too much time working in this 'black art' industry and shame MS do not do more to help us!

|||Hi ComputerSolutions
An OS-Reinstall is of course _never_ an option.
I can only support your idea of a cleanup-tool.
Greets,
Ingo

No comments:

Post a Comment