Friday, February 24, 2012

Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'MSmerge_tombstone'

Hi,
I have made a replication since 2004-08-21. it works well, but recently i
got a problem. When i want to delete some records in a table, an error
occur. the message is:
Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'MSmerge_tombstone' with unique
index 'uc1MSmerge_tombstone'
The statement has been terminated.
whatever how i do, even clear up all the records in table MSmerge_tombstone.
but when i try to delete the records in the table. i still got the error
message. i have searched more web pages for try to got some explain and
solution. but my work is useless. my boss is pressing me to solve this
problem in this week. Friends. Please help and save my life.
Regards
Jackson Chan
My personal opinion is that your unique index 'uc1MSmerge_tombstone' has gone
a bit funny.
Couple of sugestions, delete your unique index
run a checkdb on your database
Re-establish your index.
Peter
"We are all worms. But I believe that I am a glow-worm."
Winston Churchill
"Jackson BF" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have made a replication since 2004-08-21. it works well, but recently i
> got a problem. When i want to delete some records in a table, an error
> occur. the message is:
> Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'MSmerge_tombstone' with unique
> index 'uc1MSmerge_tombstone'
> The statement has been terminated.
> whatever how i do, even clear up all the records in table MSmerge_tombstone.
> but when i try to delete the records in the table. i still got the error
> message. i have searched more web pages for try to got some explain and
> solution. but my work is useless. my boss is pressing me to solve this
> problem in this week. Friends. Please help and save my life.
> Regards
> Jackson Chan
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment