Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cannot preview/deploy error

When I try to preview a report developed an on XP Pro box with Reporting
Services evaluation installed (Visual Studio 2003), I get a blank screen with
no preview. My SQL statement appears to be fine, because I get no errors
when I execute it on the Data tab, and see the data that should be reported
on.
When I try to deploy the report from within Visual Studio, I get an error
message telling me that "The type initializer for
'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.CatalogItemUrlBuilder' threw an
exception", and nothing gets deployed. Is there any way to get details on
this exception thrown, or a known way to prevent this?
If I upload the .rdl file into the http://localhost/Reports report manager
site manually, the report generates and displays without any kind of errors.Several people have reported this error, but we have never identified the
source. Can you try debugging the Report Designer process? (Attach another
instance of Visual Studio as a debugger, enable catching exceptions and view
the call stack.) Send me a dump of the call stack.
Thanks,
--
Albert Yen
SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"B Shaffer" <B Shaffer@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E6ED9D3F-10A7-49B5-AFD9-D2411E702815@.microsoft.com...
> When I try to preview a report developed an on XP Pro box with Reporting
> Services evaluation installed (Visual Studio 2003), I get a blank screen
> with
> no preview. My SQL statement appears to be fine, because I get no errors
> when I execute it on the Data tab, and see the data that should be
> reported
> on.
> When I try to deploy the report from within Visual Studio, I get an error
> message telling me that "The type initializer for
> 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.CatalogItemUrlBuilder' threw an
> exception", and nothing gets deployed. Is there any way to get details on
> this exception thrown, or a known way to prevent this?
> If I upload the .rdl file into the http://localhost/Reports report manager
> site manually, the report generates and displays without any kind of
> errors.|||This problem was bizarre - after restarting my PC the following day, the
problems with deploying the reports and previewing reports went away. I've
been able to deploy and preview without any difficulty since.
"Albert Yen [MSFT]" wrote:
> Several people have reported this error, but we have never identified the
> source. Can you try debugging the Report Designer process? (Attach another
> instance of Visual Studio as a debugger, enable catching exceptions and view
> the call stack.) Send me a dump of the call stack.
> Thanks,
> --
> Albert Yen
> SQL Server Reporting Services
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> "B Shaffer" <B Shaffer@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E6ED9D3F-10A7-49B5-AFD9-D2411E702815@.microsoft.com...
> > When I try to preview a report developed an on XP Pro box with Reporting
> > Services evaluation installed (Visual Studio 2003), I get a blank screen
> > with
> > no preview. My SQL statement appears to be fine, because I get no errors
> > when I execute it on the Data tab, and see the data that should be
> > reported
> > on.
> >
> > When I try to deploy the report from within Visual Studio, I get an error
> > message telling me that "The type initializer for
> > 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.CatalogItemUrlBuilder' threw an
> > exception", and nothing gets deployed. Is there any way to get details on
> > this exception thrown, or a known way to prevent this?
> >
> > If I upload the .rdl file into the http://localhost/Reports report manager
> > site manually, the report generates and displays without any kind of
> > errors.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment