Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cannot register SQL Server 2000SP3 from client computer

I have a sql server residing on a win2k3 box. It is a new installation
and there is no data in the server at all besides default data. I have
my workstation that I have installed client tools on. I am attempting
to log into the sql server via the enterprise manager. I decided to
use the sql account sa to login. I figured if any account would get in
it would be that one. However I am mistaken because it seems that no
matter what I try I cannot get it to work. I get the following errror:
SQL Server does not exist or access denied.ConnectionOpne(Connect())
Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Graham Hill
grahamhil@.yahoo.com
Hi,
This error will come due to below reasons:-
1. Network issue - Not able to connect from client to SQL server machine
2. SQL server Service might be down
3. Connecting to wrong machine
Can you try creating a Alias of the SQL server in you client using "CLient
Network utility". USe the TCP/IP protocol , IP and port number of server.
After that use this Alias name to register in enterprise manager.
See the below link.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q328306
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"G-ram" <grahamhil@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:55739f20.0407211734.8345d96@.posting.google.co m...
> I have a sql server residing on a win2k3 box. It is a new installation
> and there is no data in the server at all besides default data. I have
> my workstation that I have installed client tools on. I am attempting
> to log into the sql server via the enterprise manager. I decided to
> use the sql account sa to login. I figured if any account would get in
> it would be that one. However I am mistaken because it seems that no
> matter what I try I cannot get it to work. I get the following errror:
> SQL Server does not exist or access denied.ConnectionOpne(Connect())
> Any help would be greatly appreciated...
> Graham Hill
> grahamhil@.yahoo.com
|||Graham,
If you have a firewall on either computer, please disable it for tests
and see what happens.
Also let us know what authentication mode you have set up - either
Windows Authentication mode, Mixed mode, or SQL Server mode. If yiou
selected Windows Authentication then you may not be able to log in
under the SA account.
Lou Arnold
On 21 Jul 2004 18:34:05 -0700, grahamhil@.yahoo.com (G-ram) wrote:

>I have a sql server residing on a win2k3 box. It is a new installation
>and there is no data in the server at all besides default data. I have
>my workstation that I have installed client tools on. I am attempting
>to log into the sql server via the enterprise manager. I decided to
>use the sql account sa to login. I figured if any account would get in
>it would be that one. However I am mistaken because it seems that no
>matter what I try I cannot get it to work. I get the following errror:
>SQL Server does not exist or access denied.ConnectionOpne(Connect())
>Any help would be greatly appreciated...
>Graham Hill
>grahamhil@.yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment