Sunday, March 25, 2012

cannot query directory services

Dear all,
I would like to query informations that are located in the (AD) Active
Directory Windows 2003 with my server Windows 2000SP4 and MS SQL 2000 SP4 in
the same domain and AD.
I create the link server with the following script :
EXEC sp_addlinkedserver 'ADSI', 'Active Directory Services 2.5',
'ADSDSOObject', 'adsdatasource'
GO
and I query AD with the following :
SELECT [Name], SN [Last Name], ST State
FROM OPENQUERY( ADSI,
'SELECT Name, SN, ST
FROM ''LDAP://ADSISrv/ OU=myOU,DC=mycompagny,DC=com''
WHERE objectCategory = ''Person'' AND
objectClass = ''contact''')
GO
Then I get the following error :
Server: Msg 7321, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
An error occurred while preparing a query for execution against OLE DB
provider 'ADSDSOObject'.
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'ADSDSOObject' ICommandPrepare::Prepare
returned 0x80040e14].
I clarify that I used Integrated Windows security and also used the USERID
and password of service SQLserver as recommanded to launch my query.
But I get the above error. Why ?
Thanks for your next reply,
JobHi
You may get a better response in the ADSI news groups e.g
microsoft.public.adsi.general, but I think the error is probably because the
syntax of your query is incorrect, check out
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/adsi/adsi/adsi_ldap_provider.asp
John
"Job" wrote:
> Dear all,
> I would like to query informations that are located in the (AD) Active
> Directory Windows 2003 with my server Windows 2000SP4 and MS SQL 2000 SP4 in
> the same domain and AD.
> I create the link server with the following script :
> EXEC sp_addlinkedserver 'ADSI', 'Active Directory Services 2.5',
> 'ADSDSOObject', 'adsdatasource'
> GO
> and I query AD with the following :
> SELECT [Name], SN [Last Name], ST State
> FROM OPENQUERY( ADSI,
> 'SELECT Name, SN, ST
> FROM ''LDAP://ADSISrv/ OU=myOU,DC=mycompagny,DC=com''
> WHERE objectCategory = ''Person'' AND
> objectClass = ''contact''')
> GO
> Then I get the following error :
> Server: Msg 7321, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
> An error occurred while preparing a query for execution against OLE DB
> provider 'ADSDSOObject'.
> OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'ADSDSOObject' ICommandPrepare::Prepare
> returned 0x80040e14].
> I clarify that I used Integrated Windows security and also used the USERID
> and password of service SQLserver as recommanded to launch my query.
> But I get the above error. Why ?
> Thanks for your next reply,
> Job
>
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment