Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cannot Re-attach SQL Server

I was attempting to use the Copy Database Wizard, and halfway through
the connection was broken. The database was unattached by the wizard,
and now when I try and reattach it I keep getting Error 5105 about the
path to the ndf file being incorrect. It is correct, I even pasted it
into Explorer but SQL just cannot find it. Any ideas?
Thanks.Hi
You do not say how you are attaching this, but try using sp_attach_db in
Query analyser if you are using Enterprise Manager to do this.
John
"cbsd.james" wrote:

> I was attempting to use the Copy Database Wizard, and halfway through
> the connection was broken. The database was unattached by the wizard,
> and now when I try and reattach it I keep getting Error 5105 about the
> path to the ndf file being incorrect. It is correct, I even pasted it
> into Explorer but SQL just cannot find it. Any ideas?
> Thanks.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment