Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cannot register SQL server

Hi
It is the same old problem again but mine is a bit strange. I have read
other discussion on this problem but still cannot locate the cause.
I have a primary domain controller (PDC) running W2000 and SQL Server 2000
serving my main database. I have another W2k3 server running SQL Desktop
Engine which locates in the DMZ of my network and serves as my mini database
for displaying data for our web site. Of course the PDC is behind the
firewall. I need to create a package copying data from my main DB to my
mini DB regularly. When I create my package in Enterprise Manager on my
PDC, I cannot find my web server (i.e. the W2k3 server in DMZ). The error
is "Server does not exist or access denied". The strange thing is that I
can register the mini DB server from other PCs in the same network. Hence I
think it is not the problem of firewall. Also, the PDC can register other
SQL server as well but just not the one on my web server.
Can you suggest what I can check to solve the problem?
Thanks
EdwinVerify that you can connect in both directions using ISQL.exe
ISQL -Stcp:ServerNameHere -E
or
ISQL -Stcp:ServerNameHere -Uuserid -Ppassword
If this fails it will give you a more accurate error message.
Thanks,
Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft Corporation
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.|||I am getting the failure to register SQL server in Enterprise Manager
problem in a new named instance of SQL server on a new MOTION tablet
which comes with dot net framework installed. The application requires
the dot net framework and will run under MSDE or Personal SQL. I have
successful connected to the sample .mdb that ships with the application
after installing the application and MSDE on the local machine with no
network connection. After logging off the local machine and on to the
domain (behind my ZYWALL firewall, I am able to company my main .mdf to
the local machine. Does the TRUSTED CONNECTION issue apply here since
the main .mdf comes from another machine? Does sa for the MOTION
tablet have to be the same as sa in the .mdf I hope to be able to
attach. After repeated installs/uninstalls of MSDE, personal SQL and
the applicaiton itself, I am now not able to even get one connected
registration. What are the key issues in this situation? I have not
examined the registry. Maybe that is the next step?
I hope this more elementary situation is not too far afield from the
original question.
THANKS
docpsf
---
Posted via http://www.mcse.ms
---
View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message747244.htmlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment