Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cannot register SQL Server 2000SP3 from client computer

I have a sql server residing on a win2k3 box. It is a new installation
and there is no data in the server at all besides default data. I have
my workstation that I have installed client tools on. I am attempting
to log into the sql server via the enterprise manager. I decided to
use the sql account sa to login. I figured if any account would get in
it would be that one. However I am mistaken because it seems that no
matter what I try I cannot get it to work. I get the following errror:
SQL Server does not exist or access denied.ConnectionOpne(Connect())
Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Graham Hill
grahamhil@.yahoo.comHi,
This error will come due to below reasons:-
1. Network issue - Not able to connect from client to SQL server machine
2. SQL server Service might be down
3. Connecting to wrong machine
Can you try creating a Alias of the SQL server in you client using "CLient
Network utility". USe the TCP/IP protocol , IP and port number of server.
After that use this Alias name to register in enterprise manager.
See the below link.
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...b;en-us;Q328306
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"G-ram" <grahamhil@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:55739f20.0407211734.8345d96@.posting.google.com...
> I have a sql server residing on a win2k3 box. It is a new installation
> and there is no data in the server at all besides default data. I have
> my workstation that I have installed client tools on. I am attempting
> to log into the sql server via the enterprise manager. I decided to
> use the sql account sa to login. I figured if any account would get in
> it would be that one. However I am mistaken because it seems that no
> matter what I try I cannot get it to work. I get the following errror:
> SQL Server does not exist or access denied.ConnectionOpne(Connect())
> Any help would be greatly appreciated...
> Graham Hill
> grahamhil@.yahoo.com|||Graham,
If you have a firewall on either computer, please disable it for tests
and see what happens.
Also let us know what authentication mode you have set up - either
Windows Authentication mode, Mixed mode, or SQL Server mode. If yiou
selected Windows Authentication then you may not be able to log in
under the SA account.
Lou Arnold
--
On 21 Jul 2004 18:34:05 -0700, grahamhil@.yahoo.com (G-ram) wrote:

>I have a sql server residing on a win2k3 box. It is a new installation
>and there is no data in the server at all besides default data. I have
>my workstation that I have installed client tools on. I am attempting
>to log into the sql server via the enterprise manager. I decided to
>use the sql account sa to login. I figured if any account would get in
>it would be that one. However I am mistaken because it seems that no
>matter what I try I cannot get it to work. I get the following errror:
>SQL Server does not exist or access denied.ConnectionOpne(Connect())
>Any help would be greatly appreciated...
>Graham Hill
>grahamhil@.yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment