Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cannot remove replication

Hi,
I have a box running SQL 7 with replication. I restored one of the
replicated database to another SQL 7 with no replication. A developer needed
to test an upgrade of an application (MS Great Plains) using that database.
The application states that the tables are part of a replication. As far as I
know, when you restore a replicated DB to another server (with no
replication), the replication infomation is lost. I have also ran
sp_removedbreplication successfully but we still have the same problem.
Any ideas?
--
--
I saw it work in a cartoon once so I am pretty sure I can do it.The tables in question are still marked for replication.
I think you may need to manually update some of the system tables to remove
the marking for replication on the object.
I don't have my poster here at the office, so i couldn't tell you which
tables specically to look at.
I would guess sysobjects.xtype....
Rick Sawtell
MCT, MCSD, MCDBA
"Sasan Saidi" <SasanSaidi@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:260846C9-A09A-415A-8028-715D66021376@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have a box running SQL 7 with replication. I restored one of the
> replicated database to another SQL 7 with no replication. A developer
needed
> to test an upgrade of an application (MS Great Plains) using that
database.
> The application states that the tables are part of a replication. As far
as I
> know, when you restore a replicated DB to another server (with no
> replication), the replication infomation is lost. I have also ran
> sp_removedbreplication successfully but we still have the same problem.
> Any ideas?
> --
> --
> I saw it work in a cartoon once so I am pretty sure I can do it.|||I don't have a SQL 7.0 box at work anymore, but if it
also exists on SQL 7.0, please try using
sp_MSunmarkreplinfo which takes a tablename as a parameter
HTH,
Paul Ibison (SQL Server MVP)
>> (recommended sql server 2000 replication book:
>> http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602p.html)|||Before updatnig system tables, I would recommend making sure you've dropped
the distributor and publisher. In EM from Tools...Replication...configure
publishing subscribers and distributors. Make sure there are no selections
(uncheck all boxes).
Colleen
"Paul Ibison" wrote:
> I don't have a SQL 7.0 box at work anymore, but if it
> also exists on SQL 7.0, please try using
> sp_MSunmarkreplinfo which takes a tablename as a parameter
> HTH,
> Paul Ibison (SQL Server MVP)
> >> (recommended sql server 2000 replication book:
> >> http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602p.html)
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment