Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cannot Register Sql Server Database

We have SQL Server installed on a Windows 2000 server machine. I have a cop
y of Sql Server Personal Addition - Client tools on my computer. When I ope
n the SQL Server Enterprise manager and try perform an New SQL Server Regist
ration, I get the following
error: Login Failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a truste
d SQL Server Connection. I am using windows authentication.
I am able to connect to other sql server databases on other servers.
I also cannot connect to the server via ODBC. I get the error: Unable to lo
cate database server. Verify that the database server name you entered is c
orrect.
I am running microsoft XP / Microsoft SQL Server 2000 service pack 3a is on
the server.Hi,
Are you using Domain user id to login to your machine, if yes then check the
SQL server that you have given access to sql server.
How to check.
In Enterprise Manager, Security option, Check wheather ur login is there
with reqired previlages.
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"Allan Latts" <alatts@.yaoo.com> wrote in message
news:B571755C-B3AA-4ED1-94D9-FE11B0B8EE3E@.microsoft.com...
> We have SQL Server installed on a Windows 2000 server machine. I have a
copy of Sql Server Personal Addition - Client tools on my computer. When I
open the SQL Server Enterprise manager and try perform an New SQL Server
Registration, I get the following error: Login Failed for user '(null)'.
Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server Connection. I am using
windows authentication.
> I am able to connect to other sql server databases on other servers.
> I also cannot connect to the server via ODBC. I get the error: Unable to
locate database server. Verify that the database server name you entered is
correct.
> I am running microsoft XP / Microsoft SQL Server 2000 service pack 3a is
on the server.

No comments:

Post a Comment