Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cannot register 2000 on 7 (HELP!)

I am running SQL 7 and trying to connect to a SQL2000
server on the network. I can ping the other machine, and
I have mapped a network drive, but I cannot register it.
It gives me a General Network error. Any Ideas?Brett,
If you try the Register Server Wizard on a SQL 7.0 server, you should see
the following message:
<SQL Server 2000 server name> - You must upgrade your SQL Enterprise Manager
and SQL-DMO(SQLOLE) to SQL Server 2000 (SQLDMO) to connect to this server.
Keith Wilson
This posting is provided "AS IS" without express or implied warranty,
guarantee, or rights.
"Brett" <levi71@.swbell.net> wrote in message
news:0ec801c3d9ea$61c87e50$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
quote:

> I am running SQL 7 and trying to connect to a SQL2000
> server on the network. I can ping the other machine, and
> I have mapped a network drive, but I cannot register it.
> It gives me a General Network error. Any Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment