Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cannot read the next data row for the data set

Hi,

My report runs fine when I view in VS, data shows fine when I run the query in the data window, but when I publish it to the server, I get the above error. I am running SQL server 2005 RTM and I have re-deployed the entire solution.

Any ideas?

Found the problem.

This is a problem that is down to a bug in reporting services, and I sincerely hope that "they" fix it in the first sp!

Occasionally, reporting services will change your parameter types to string. This is sooooo annoying, and normally fails when you view, but in this case, it took my parameters (date/time) that were already in the parameter boxes (I am altering an existing report) and ran the report happily. I just happened to see that there were no calendar boxes next to the parameters on my web server.

^%$£"$%^&*&%£$%^&(*&^%$ is all I can say - this has wasted 2 hours of my time.

Please please Microsoft, fix this bug! A hot fix would be good.....beg beg

|||

Hi,

I experienced similar problems with some of my RS reports and find a solution for my case

I tried to explain the problem and solution at the article http://www.kodyaz.com/articles/article.aspx?articleid=53

For my situation, it seemed that the NULL values within aggregate functions were causing the problem.

Actually although the sql code runs successsfully the warning message "Warning: Null value is eliminated by an aggregate or other SET operation." returned from the sql server was causing the Reporting Services to fire the below error:

An error occured during report processing.
Cannot read the next data row for the data set Dataset1.
A sever error occured on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.

A simple way to get rid of the problem is running the t-sql codes between "SET ANSI_WARNINGS OFF" and "SET ANSI_WARNINGS ON" commands.

Eralper

http://www.kodyaz.com

|||Rather than beg microsoft to fix their own mistakes wouldn't you rather use a system that if it had a mistake you could: contact the programmers or fix the mistake yourself?

Using open source ruby (in any OS) you can contact the community or alter the code yourself. Ruby can do anything this reporting services can do.

I've found quite a few bugs in Reporting Services, but rather than beg MS to listen to me I've stopped using MS. I post the bugs to a hacker site, this is much more likely to get MS's attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment