Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cannot register server

I am working on a LAN with 3 servers, VED, PM, JF
In Enterprise manager, from server PM, I registered server VED but
cannot register server JF. I see it in the list of proposed server, but
when I enter the SQL user code and password, an error message tells me
that server cannot be registered because of time out. But I tried that
last week and everything worked properly. I have been told that nothing
had been changed.
Looking forward to receiving some feedback on the above.
Regards
PatrickA few things to try :-
Can you ping server JF
Is it listening on the default port 1433, use telnet to establish
Is SQL Server running on server JF or has the service been stopped
--
HTH. Ryan
"Patrick" <pmenage@.intnet.mu> wrote in message
news:1137472586.261082.252830@.o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>I am working on a LAN with 3 servers, VED, PM, JF
> In Enterprise manager, from server PM, I registered server VED but
> cannot register server JF. I see it in the list of proposed server, but
> when I enter the SQL user code and password, an error message tells me
> that server cannot be registered because of time out. But I tried that
> last week and everything worked properly. I have been told that nothing
> had been changed.
> Looking forward to receiving some feedback on the above.
> Regards
> Patrick
>|||Is latest version of MDAC installed on youre client machine?
Check for it also.
Regards
Amish|||The MDAC has not been chenged
amish wrote:
> Is latest version of MDAC installed on youre client machine?
> Check for it also.
>
> Regards
> Amish|||I can Ping the machine, I even see it in the list of proposed servers
to register. it seems that it is not a network problem.|||I have the same problem on my client machine and I update MDAC to MDAC
2.8 and it was solved.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6C050FE3-C795-4B7D-B037-185D0506396C&displaylang=en
- To download MDAC Version
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=301202 - To Check MDAC
Version
Check also for TCP IP port using telnet <server ip> <port> or check
if you have any other entry for this server name in client server
utility.
--
Regards
Amish

No comments:

Post a Comment