Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cannot remove replication

Hi,
I have a box running SQL 7 with replication. I restored one of the
replicated database to another SQL 7 with no replication. A developer needed
to test an upgrade of an application (MS Great Plains) using that database.
The application states that the tables are part of a replication. As far as
I
know, when you restore a replicated DB to another server (with no
replication), the replication infomation is lost. I have also ran
sp_removedbreplication successfully but we still have the same problem.
Any ideas?
--
I saw it work in a cartoon once so I am pretty sure I can do it.The tables in question are still marked for replication.
I think you may need to manually update some of the system tables to remove
the marking for replication on the object.
I don't have my poster here at the office, so i couldn't tell you which
tables specically to look at.
I would guess sysobjects.xtype....
Rick Sawtell
MCT, MCSD, MCDBA
"Sasan Saidi" <SasanSaidi@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:260846C9-A09A-415A-8028-715D66021376@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have a box running SQL 7 with replication. I restored one of the
> replicated database to another SQL 7 with no replication. A developer
needed
> to test an upgrade of an application (MS Great Plains) using that
database.
> The application states that the tables are part of a replication. As far
as I
> know, when you restore a replicated DB to another server (with no
> replication), the replication infomation is lost. I have also ran
> sp_removedbreplication successfully but we still have the same problem.
> Any ideas?
> --
> --
> I saw it work in a cartoon once so I am pretty sure I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment