Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cannot reference Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.DtsClient?

Reinstalled SqlServer 2005 and SP2. Reinstalled VS2005 and SP1. I add a reference to Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.DtsClient. It automatically adds a line to web.config

<add assembly="Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.DtsClient, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845DCD8080CC91"/>

I still cannot do

using Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.DtsClient;

I can do

using Microsoft.SqlServer.Server;

I am thinking a config file or something is missing/corrupt somewhere to prevent me from being able to correctly reference this dll. Can anyone help please?

NoRemorse,

If you're trying to configure the Reporting Service you may find the following helpful: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345250.aspx.

HTH,

Patrik

|||I just want to be able to run an SSIS package from code. I need to have that assembly in order to get at the DTS objects. I did what that article suggested anyway but it still doesn't work. Oddly, if I create a new Windows Form project I can reference the assembly fine, so the DLL seems to be regeistered ok. But in a Web project I cannot reference it.|||I uninstalled VS team system and now it works fine. Some incompatibility there

No comments:

Post a Comment