Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cannot read the next data row for the data set abc.

Dear All.

I am facing the above mentioned error quite frequently. I am using SQL 2005 reporting services and my database is in SQL 2005. I am using a stored procedure and pass the parameters to the SP through the report. The SP returns the results in about 4-5 seconds at max but when the report is run, it usually takes a long time for processing and then it throws the following error:

Cannot read the next data row for the data set ABC. A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.

Can anyone from Microsoft please specify the exact reason for this error and how can we solve it?

Also there is another problem, some of my reports use SPs. When the SPs are run independantly, they return the results efficiently in about 2-3 seconds but when the report is run using the same SPs, the report returns the results in 2-3 minutes. Any reasons? Any configuration change that may be required for reporting server?

Thanks in advance.

Kashif

Hello,

I have similar problem. My RS 2005 report is based on query like dataset but it uses UDFs to recive some data. When I run it sometimes I get such a result:

  • An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

  • Cannot read the next data row for the data set MainDataSource. (rsErrorReadingNextDataRow)

  • Transaction (Process ID 62) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.|||

    You might try to add a NOLOCK hint to your joins.

    Or you can 'set transaction isolation level read uncommitted' for procs where you don't want to issue read locks.

    That might help.

    Jarret

    |||

    Dear Jarret.

    i have already tried the read uncommitted isolation level but no use. The problem is intermittant and we dont exactly know when and why does this occur. sometimes the report runs fine and at other times, it generates this problem. I hope to get an answer from Microsoft as this is starting to create problems for us as the number of report users increase, the error is occurring more frequently.

    Regards

    |||

    I think it's caused by Reporting Services not by SQL Server itself. When I run my report query from Management Studio I always get results. The error with deadlock occurs only in Reporting Services...

    I've also noticed that this error frequency rises with the number of users using the database (but that should be obvious).

    Regards

    Maciej

    |||

    Has the problem been solved yet? I too am having the same problem -- I'm wondering if it's associated with the upgrade to SQL Server 2005 SP2?

    --Peter

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment