Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cannot register server

I am working on a LAN with 3 servers, VED, PM, JF
In Enterprise manager, from server PM, I registered server VED but
cannot register server JF. I see it in the list of proposed server, but
when I enter the SQL user code and password, an error message tells me
that server cannot be registered because of time out. But I tried that
last week and everything worked properly. I have been told that nothing
had been changed.
Looking forward to receiving some feedback on the above.
Regards
Patrick
A few things to try :-
Can you ping server JF
Is it listening on the default port 1433, use telnet to establish
Is SQL Server running on server JF or has the service been stopped
HTH. Ryan
"Patrick" <pmenage@.intnet.mu> wrote in message
news:1137472586.261082.252830@.o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
>I am working on a LAN with 3 servers, VED, PM, JF
> In Enterprise manager, from server PM, I registered server VED but
> cannot register server JF. I see it in the list of proposed server, but
> when I enter the SQL user code and password, an error message tells me
> that server cannot be registered because of time out. But I tried that
> last week and everything worked properly. I have been told that nothing
> had been changed.
> Looking forward to receiving some feedback on the above.
> Regards
> Patrick
>
|||Is latest version of MDAC installed on youre client machine?
Check for it also.
Regards
Amish
|||The MDAC has not been chenged
amish wrote:
> Is latest version of MDAC installed on youre client machine?
> Check for it also.
>
> Regards
> Amish
|||I can Ping the machine, I even see it in the list of proposed servers
to register. it seems that it is not a network problem.
|||I have the same problem on my client machine and I update MDAC to MDAC
2.8 and it was solved.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
- To download MDAC Version
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=301202 - To Check MDAC
Version
Check also for TCP IP port using telnet <server ip> <port> or check
if you have any other entry for this server name in client server
utility.
Regards
Amish

No comments:

Post a Comment